FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Monday, July 26, 2010

Used Gardening Books: A Victorian Posy: Poetry

When we go the the eastershore, there is a used book store I always visit. I look in three book sections; poetry, history and gardening. I found a book of poetry, A Victorian Posy: Penhaligon's Scented Treasury of Verse and Prose. A great book for $5. The poems and prose are garden themed. Full of color illustrations. A nice source of inspiration. No need to bore you with the history. I found some biographies.

The garden section is loaded with books from the last 75 years. Sometimes you find old magazines. I found my share of garden books and one interesting thing that occured was a flyer from Ortho was in one of the books. It was a garden tips/advertisement booklet. It is from the 70's and it was introducing a new vegetable to grow. KOHLRABI!, which I highlighted a few weeks back. I guess it caught on. Gardening doesn't change much over the years. The old books are filled with great timeless information and very cool photos. They are worth buying and even collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest