FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Monday, July 26, 2010

Tomato Update: Waves 1, 2 and 3

I was away for the weekend. Dozen of tomatoes are ripe. Nice! The determinate plants are producing nicely and dying back. The indeterminates are growing with little strain from diseases and have lots of fruit. I hope to keep them going into the third week of August. The 2nd wave of tomatoes, planted in June, are 2 to 3 feet tall. Many of them have green tomatoes. I hope they last into September. The seedlings for the third wave are only an inch tall. I am hoping for a growth spurt. I may have started them too late. I may have found a tomato method for my area to keep tomatoes going till a hard frost. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest