FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Do It Yourself Wedding Planning


Do It Yourself Wedding Planning
Guest post written by Denise Burks


I decided to plan my own wedding after being unsatisfied with my wedding planner. I knew what I wanted so I decided to start searching online with satellite internet. My search was made easy with my hughs satellite internet AKconnection. I was overwhelmed with how many results I was able to find on local churches, receptions areas and florists that were a few minutes from my home.

Though I was a bit disappointed that I could not book my initial reception hall I was able to book my second choice through their easy reservation form. I found it incredibly useful being able to show my florist my flower selections with a simple email attachment. I kept in contact with each of my bridesmaids through instant messenger and planned my honeymoon online as well, which included a six-night seven day stay in Hawaii.

The hotel gave us a special wedding rate as well. I never felt so productive planning anything in my life. I especially liked that I could order all of my accessories and invitations online and could even get special discounted rates for ordering in bulk. When I had my planner the stores she took me to had limited supplies and I would have to wait for them to be ordered and for them to arrive at the location. I did not have that problem doing it on my own.

2 comments:

  1. I planned my own wedding. Nearly everything was DIY from my dress, to the music, to the food. The only things we paid someone else to do were the small cake (friends made cupcakes to fill in the gap), photography, hairstylist, wedding party clothes (I made their jewelry), chairs, and two servers. If I had to do it all over again I'd do it exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The internet is great! We did our wedding registry all online and there was more of a variety online than there was in the store. I highly recommend it! Best part? You can do it in the middle of the night if you want. Great time saver.

    ReplyDelete

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest