FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Parsley Picked From My Basement: The First Soup of the Year

I have a lot of parsley! It is getting use to the great outdoors. While it warms up outside, I have been picking parsley from the basement.

A good general tip for many herbs is to use them toward the end of the dish. I made bean soup and got to use my first garden harvest of the year so to speak. If you put parsley in too early, it will just boil away to nothing. By adding it at the end, it will maintain a brighter color and have a bit more flavor to it.

Basement Parsley: Gary Pilarchik

First Parsley Harvest from Indoors: Gary Pilarchik

Chopped Parsley Ready for Soup: Gary Pilarchik

Parsley and Bean Soup: Gary Pilarchik



1 comment:

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest