FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Over WIntering Kale for Spring Greens!

I just wanted to write a quick entry about kale. It is very cold hardy. Freezing temperatures typically won't kill the roots. That means you will get greens in late March in the Zone 7 area. Here is a cell tray of 'Red Russian' kale I never planted. It sat on my porch all Winter long. It didn't die out. I put them in my containers a few days ago. This are extremely hardy plants that you can grow most of the year. I recommend a late Fall kale garden for early Spring greens.


Over Wintered Kale: Gary Pilarchik

Kale Transplants in March!: Gary Pilarchik



No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest