FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Spores! More Spores... The Perfect Weather for Spores!

A few weeks back when I was tending the wet damp mess of a yard due to the week of rain and no sun... I found this.


The Top is to the Left and the Bottom is to the Right.

The first sunny day after a week of spore weather, I found this growing in the mulch at the base of the blue container. What is it? A very phallic mushroom, I'd say. Why is this important? Weather plays a big role in creating conditions for growth be it our tomatoes or spores. Some spores are mushrooms and some are disease.

I have never seen this before in my garden. It came in out of a bag of mulch I put in this year I suppose.  The right weather and bingo. Something alien.


2 comments:

  1. I just found 2 of the same thing....and yes, perhaps it was the mulch i got at Lowes in NJ. they are very phallic looking both reddish and brown at the tip...at first i thought they might be some bulbs coming up....they do deflate and turn to mush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I got my mulch at Lowes in Md. There ya go.

    ReplyDelete

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest