FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Response to a Question to Help Me Out With Rabbits: Chicken Wire

I have rabbits watching my new garden and they have already "tasted" my bell pepper (left it there of course). I would like to deter them before my peas/beans come up (they are starting to).

Have you tried/had success with using chicken wire? 




I have a fence and chicken wired most of it years ago because the holes were to large. Yesterday, I just went around and repaired the holes and chicken wired the rest. As of this AM no rabbits. To answer your question, yes I had success and now I hope to have more.


I cleared out my bolted radishes and spinach. That has exposed some hidden beets. I will know in a few days if I missed something.


Thanks for the suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest