FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Monday, May 23, 2011

Leaf Spot: No Not the Garden... The Neighborhood Trees!

Well, I am not experienced on trees but in the neighborhood of River Hill the trees lining the streets are covered with leaf spots. They look like early blight but I know that doesn't effect trees. The problem is our weather. We had a week of wet damp rainy weather with no sun. I think that pattern spawned a tree disease. That means it is bad or will be bad for all plants.

If the diseases are in the trees, then they are coming to a garden near you.

Look around River Hill on tree leaves. I saw on the weather today, 4 or 5 days of 80 degree days and 60 degree nights with 40% chance of rain daily. This pattern is prime spore production for fungi and such. I also have bizarre mushrooms coming up. Spores! I took a picture of one. It is very odd. And will blog it later.

I am mulching  my plants and as I mention am spraying a sulphur preventative. If you have the time I think it is prevention time for the gardens. I am starting new plants this week too. With the warm weather they will germinate quickly and if I need to replace plants... little time will be lost. My extras will be free if you are in need. I am done selling plants.

If anyone knows about trees, what is that spot all over leaves? It wasn't there last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest