Search The Rusted Garden Blog: Just Enter A Vegetable or Phrase

Monday, May 23, 2011

Leaf Spot: No Not the Garden... The Neighborhood Trees!

Well, I am not experienced on trees but in the neighborhood of River Hill the trees lining the streets are covered with leaf spots. They look like early blight but I know that doesn't effect trees. The problem is our weather. We had a week of wet damp rainy weather with no sun. I think that pattern spawned a tree disease. That means it is bad or will be bad for all plants.

If the diseases are in the trees, then they are coming to a garden near you.

Look around River Hill on tree leaves. I saw on the weather today, 4 or 5 days of 80 degree days and 60 degree nights with 40% chance of rain daily. This pattern is prime spore production for fungi and such. I also have bizarre mushrooms coming up. Spores! I took a picture of one. It is very odd. And will blog it later.

I am mulching  my plants and as I mention am spraying a sulphur preventative. If you have the time I think it is prevention time for the gardens. I am starting new plants this week too. With the warm weather they will germinate quickly and if I need to replace plants... little time will be lost. My extras will be free if you are in need. I am done selling plants.

If anyone knows about trees, what is that spot all over leaves? It wasn't there last year.

If You Use Amazon, Please Support The Rusted Garden via My Amazon Affilate