FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Apple Tree Webbed and Lots of Insects

Aside from the humidity, there are tons of insects out. I don't know if others are having trouble with bugs but they are all over. My apple try has been webbed. Three nests filled with little black specks of some critter. They've all been cut out and trashed. I also pruned back weighted apple branches and hope to get more air circulating beneath it. Sort of emergency cuts. I suppose I have to spray the tree.

I added more hot peppers to containers. Four banana peppers and four bajio black peppers went in to the ground. I've been trying for three years to get bajios from seeds to the ground. Finally. But the bugs are just terrible. I don't remember a June like this. Im sure my transplant will be consumed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest