FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Potato Bag Update: One Baked the Other Just Fine

I didn't put in a picture of the healthy potatoes. They look the same but bigger. I did fry one garbage bag full of potatoes. I made a mistake. I put in green grass. It heated from composting which is probably fine if the temperature outside was in the 70's or low 80's. They fried on the consecutive 3 days of 95 degree sunny weather. The combo of heat, black plastic, and green grass heated to the point it cooked the healthy potato stalks.

Cooked Stalks

Well I learned and that is what gardening is about. I have some potatoes to replant. I don't know if new stalks grow, from the demised, or if the potatoes just die out. Anyone know?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest