FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Picture Update for the Bagged Potatoes

I will put a blog together with progression steps soon. But here are some update pictures. The first bag has great growth and will soon have stalks that need to be covered by 1/2.

The 2nd bag has stalk growth that is ready to be covered by 1/2. I hope to do that today. I will be using grass clippings for that one. Remember potatoes grow out the sides of the stalks. The more you bury the bigger the yield.

Bag One of Potatoes
Bag Two of Potatoes. Ready to be covered by 1/2 the stalk growth.


This is one of my container red potatoes. I will wait for the growth to get to the top of  the container before adding soil to it.


1 comment:

  1. Your potatoes are looking great. Mine are just starting but I planted after I read your article. Glad to see you got a crop of radishes I just pulled mine and all I got was really nice leaves and roots. I replanted this morning hopefully I will have success this time

    ReplyDelete

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest