FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Armenian Cucumbers and Cucumber Salad



Every wonder what an Armenian cucumber looked like? Here it is. This is my third year growing them and I can tell you two things; tasty and better disease resistance. They taste like a cucumber and the skin is easily digestible. No peeling needed. They are best picked at 10 -12 inches.


Armenian Cucumbers: Gary Pilarchik

Other cucumbers from the garden.


Four Varieties of Cucumbers: Gary Pilarchik

The best way to enjoy any cucumber is in a fresh picked cucumber and tomato salad. This salad is nothing more then olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Typically I use vinegar but didn't want to acidify my tomatoes. The tomatoes where sweet and the taste of the salad was total freshness. I wanted to taste the mix of flavors without the red wine vinegar cutting in. It was a good choice.


Armenian Cucumber Salad: Gary Pilarchik

Visit My Video How To Website: My Tomato and Vegetable Garden. Construction began July 2011 and it will host How to Garden Videos for all things gardening. The website differs from my blog: The Rusted Vegetable Garden in that it is primarily video content with few articles. The site will grow quickly.

logo with tomatoes - $20 Off Purchases $40 Or More!Spring Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest