FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

VIDEOS: The Rusted Garden How 2 Video Collection Page

Visted My Youtube Tomato and Vegetable Garden Video Channel: Videos About Everything Vegetable Gardening

All my garden videos will be stored on this page. You can also subscribe to my Youtube Garden Channel.

How to Plant Chinese Cabbage and Broccoli Raab into a Raised Bed


How to Transplant 'Black' and Other Kales to a Raised Bed


How to Tell the Difference Between Tomato Potato Leaves and Standard Leaves


How to Plant Tomatoes and Peppers in Seed Trays


How to Protect Your Vegetables from Frost


How to Plant Beets and Spinach in Cell Flats (Transplants)


How to Plant Peas in a 5 Gallon Container

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the upload. Unlike you, I have a very large 12 Gallon container. It is about 13" deep and 18" wide. I also have 2 peas, 3 french beans and 1 determinate type tomato plant. Do you think it will be wise to plant them all in the same container? And when you say " fertilize it often" what kind of fertilizer do you mean? I am currently only using some rich compost and Maxi Grow once in about a week.

    Thanks,
    Sriranjani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you feel like your garden soil is pretty well fertilized at the start you would be good to go with just planting peas but you have a lot in there.

      I use water soluble fertilizer like Miracle Grow. Container veggies will feed heavily. You are packing a lot in yours. I would fertilize 1x weekly at 1/2 strength recommended on the instructions for the group of plants you have.

      Maybe that is what Maxi Grow is. I chose 1/2 strength because I find it works well enough when done weekly.

      As long as you keep it watered I think you can pack all those things in there. The tomato will be a heavy feeder. Maybe go to full strength liquid fertilizer when it reaches size for a boost of energy while its producing tomatoes.

      Delete

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest