FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Herb Transplanting: Thyme and Oregano into Cups

Transplanting Herbs: Gary Pilarchik


I was excited to transplant the Oregano and Thyme. Not because of the process but because I decided to use my clear container 'greenhouse' idea to hold the transplants. Room (where to put my transplants) always becomes and issue during the Winter but I prefer to figure it rather than cut back.

I didn't divide the Oregano and Thyme plugs. I just put them into cups. They can be divided before or after going into the cups or left alone. It depends what you want to do with them.

The process is pretty easy. Label and put holes in the cups. Fill them about 1/3 the way up with decent garden soil. Drop in the root-ball and fill. Put them in a container and bottom water. Your done.


In pictures... First transplanting Thyme

Thyme to be Transplanted: Gary Pilarchik

A Pile of Thyme Plugs: Gary Pilarchik

1, 2, 3, 4 Thyme Transplanted: Gary Pilarchik

Thyme Transplanted and Watered: Gary Pilarchik


In pictures... The Oregano.


Oregano Plugs for Transplant: Gary Pilarchik
Same Quick Transplant Process for Oregano: Gary Pilarchik

My Oregan 'Greenhouse' to be: Gary Pilarchik

The transplanting process is quick and easy. Messy but it is an easy clean up. I will move the storage containers in and out of my house. I will probably hook up some grow lights in the garage and lay them across the tops of the containers. It won't be pefect because the lights will be a bit high above the plants but...


The Greenhouse:


The Herb Container Greenhouse: Gary Pilarchik

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest