FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Introducing 5 Great Container Peppers Ready for Harvest: My First Vegetable Garden

My First Vegetable Garden: 
Introducing 5 Great Container Peppers Ready for Harvest

Peppers make great container vegetables. The peppers in the video were grown in Maryland Zone 7. We get high 90 degree days in July and August. The peppers were grown to size and harvest in only 2 1/2 gallon paint containers. I used a $1 plastic saucer as a water reserve. These are 5 peppers I recommend for your future container gardens.

Peppers love the heat. They love warm roots and containers provide them with this opportunity. They are much more forgiving with watering then tomatoes and tend to produce more when slightly neglected. Do not over fertilize them with nitrogen. You will get a lot of green leaves. Go light on nitrogen and a bit heavier phosphorous for a higher yield of peppers.






Join My Google+ Community Our Tomato and Vegetable Gardens (2500+ Members!)
Over 250 HD Short and to Point Garden Videos: Join My Original YouTube Video Gardening Channel
Follow and Organize The Rusted Garden on Pinterest
Join My New More Detailed YouTube Channel Just for NEW Gardeners: My First Vegetable Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest