FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Planting Fall Container Greens and Lettuces

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest
Follow The Rusted Garden on Twitter
Twitter will be used for Q and A, Reminders and Gardening Tips


Fall is a great time to plant lettuces and other greens. Don't forget peas and radishes too! As long as you get about 60 days before really heavy frosts, you can plant a whole new round of cool season vegetables. You can even plant leeks, onions and garlic for the following spring. The best time to start planting is mid August to mid September. Check out your weather and frost dates. October my work for in your area.

I grow a lot of lettuces and greens in containers. I over seed them and pick baby greens. I also transplant some of the container greens into my raised beds. This year I grew cilantro, arugula, spinach, and several varieties of green and red lettuces. I am even experimenting with radishes in containers.

Here is the video of my Fall container greens to give you a basic idea of how to do it. It is easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest