FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Thursday, February 10, 2011

To Anonymous: Update on My Aspirin Tomato Experiment.

Well it is true I am a gardener and not a scientist. My data is observational. The experiment ended up being 2 - 81 mg aspirin in the planting hole and 3 - 81 mg aspirin tablets in a 2 gallon watering can. I watered with aspirin from 1st week of June till last week of July, 1 or 2 a week. This watering was to wet the leaves not to fully water the plant. Watering occurred during the day.

In addition to this I was more vigilant about my sulfur-epsom salt sprayings on my tomatoes and cucumbers.

The end result was significantly noticeable improvements. There was less blight, less powdery mildew, and the blight that came didn't damage the plants as badly. I did end up having a huge white-fly problem this year. Never had that in the 10+ years of gardening.

I can't say if the aspirin or the spraying or a combination of both made the difference... but the diseases last year were less damaging to my crops. Some tomatoes had no signs of blight what-so-ever. That is good.

I will use aspirin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest