FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Rusted Garden Vegetable Pictures and Plans

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest
Follow The Rusted Garden on Twitter
Twitter will be used for Q and A, Reminders and Gardening Tips

Well you might have noticed I am shooting a lot of garden videos. I have 50 videos now and have added recipe videos for cooking your garden produce. The garden itself is doing well. I have been battling leaf hoppers, white-flies and weeds. I feel like I have the edge on the pests and diseases but I still need to get to August. I usually run out of steam about now.

I am picking tomatoes, peppers, herbs, beets, zukes, cukes and squashes. I hope all is well with you and your garden. Enjoy!


Vegetables from the Rusted Garden - The Rusted Garden Blog
'Brandywine Red' Heirloom Tomatoes - The Rusted Garden Blog
Heirloom Tomato Garden Salsa - The Rusted Vegetable Garden

6 comments:

  1. Tomatoes and more tomatoes. I'm picking a half a colander full of cherry tomatoes every other day!! That salsa looks good care to devulge your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a matter of fact. I just finished a Youtube video that shows you the garden and how to make it. It is on my youtube channel and I will make a post some time this weekend.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I just found your site and started reading it from the beginning 2009. I noticed you are using grass clippings in your garden. They are very high in nitrogen. You should use straw. I have been using it for about 5 years now. No weeds and the soil stays cool and moisture is retained. I spread grass clipping between my raised beds. They work fine but need replenishing thickly to keep weeds from growing back. I also live in zone 7. I reside in Stafford, Va.
    Cheers,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... I get weeds all the time and Im sure I am adding to them from grass clippings. I know too much nitrogen isnt the best for peppers. Lots of leaves and fewer peppers. What are the other disadvantages to the nitrogen from the grass. And you have to be careful you dont use grass that was sprayed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Tried the recipe today. I had to buy some hot peppers and a lime but everything else came out of my garden. WOW what a great flavor. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats the bonus of using your garden produce. The flavor is so much better.

    ReplyDelete

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest