Search The Rusted Garden Blog: Just Enter A Vegetable or Phrase

Monday, January 24, 2011

Grow Light On, Seeds In, The 2011 Garden Season Has Started

I cleaned out my grow closet. The lights work. Everything was dusted. I have two flats planted. I recommend getting your slow growers in now.

I planted rosemary, oregano, garlic chives, and lavender. They tend to take a long time to grow. I do over-plant me seed cells. I typically break them up and put them into cups. I will then break them up again a second time, out of the cups, if needed. It is the most effecient way for me to use my space.

I also planted snapdragons and coleus. The coleus take a long time to germinate and grow. I want them up and about come frost free time. The snapdragons grow like weeds. I must put 20 plus seeds in a cell. I will divide and divide them till ground planting time. They are very hardy plants and damage to the roots does little to stop them from growing.

If You Use Amazon, Please Support The Rusted Garden via My Amazon Affilate