FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Monday, January 24, 2011

Buy Tomato Seeds Adapted to Your Climate

I am as guilty as the next person. I love the heirloom tomatoes and for some reason, have a fascination for Russian heirlooms. The problem is, my zone stays hot longer and the temperatures are hotter then a lot of the Russian zones. I have had many Russian heirlooms just burn out come late July, early August.

It is important to match the heirloom seed to its growing conditions. Cold weather tomatoes will burn out. Planted late enough the might thrive till the September and you will be rewarded. Plan and plant accordingly to the needs of the variety.

That being said, I did buy 1 (only 1) Russian heirloom. Trying to figure out where it is from, is quite difficult. The rest of my seeds are for hot hot summer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest