FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blackberries in the Garden Too!

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest
Follow The Rusted Garden on Twitter
Twitter will be used for Q and A, Reminders and Gardening Tips


Although I won't get a lot of these due to the birds... Don't forget you can grow raspberries, blueberries and other fruits in the garden. They actually add nicely to salsas and salads. This is in the corner of one of my vegetable beds.


Blackberries - The Rusted Garden Blog

5 comments:

  1. Next to my blackberry's there is an odd vine growing. It is not round but has ribs, and off each stem has 5 leaves instead of the 3 I see on my blackberry. Do you have any idea what it could be? I can send you a pic if it might help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep send a pic. But birds that eat raspberries often eat different varieties. I bet a bird ate some other berry types... came to yours to feed and left seeds of another variety.

      Delete
  2. i will send a pic to you. I cut some of them down, one stalk was about tall as I am (5" 4") and no branches really, just stems with 5 leaves, no buds or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does the picture show both blackberries and raspberries? It looks like you could get a great harvest. You should probably cover it with some wire or cloth to prevent the birds from eating them all away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning,

      They are blackberries. They start out red and change over to all black before sweetening up.

      Yep the dang birds eat them. I have yet to buy a good cover material for my blueberries and berries. The same two birds come back every year and feast. They are sort of friends at this point.

      I do get some berries.

      Delete

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest