FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Asparagus in Fall

Every wonder what asparagus looks like 5 months after its was edible? Asparagus is a perennial plant. We eat the shoots in the beginning of the season. If you let some shoots mature, the plant grows larger and stronger and you reap the rewards the following year. This is what asparagus grows into. Notice the red seeds.





Behind the asparagus are my Pablano peppers. Still kicking October 6th.

1 comment:

  1. looks great! My asparagus gets super floppy as it ferns out. I did get the red berries this year for the first time. Or at least I don't remember seeing them before. I'm on year 5 and it's finally been a good year!

    ReplyDelete

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest