Search The Rusted Garden Blog: Just Enter A Vegetable or Phrase

Friday, March 12, 2010

A Unique Tomato: Micro Tom grows 5 to 8 inches

I ordered a bunch of unique tomatoes this year. One of them is Micro Tom. Why? Why not? Check out the description from the catalog I purchased them from. It grows 8 inches. I think this will be perfect for baskets and containers.


I will be doing a photo log of many tomatoes and will start writing Knols reviewing tomato varieties. Micro Tom will be one of them. I also have a variety from the Galapagos Islands.

World's smallest tomato variety,' developed by Drs., J.W. Scott and B.K. Harbaugh at the University of Florida. Grows 5 to 8 inches tall in a 4 inch pot bearing flavorful miniature tomatoes about the size of salad croutons. Plants are truly diminutive and wonderful for patios, windowsills or garden borders. Determinate. 85 days from seed.