FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Part 2 of 6: Organically Managing Diseases & Insects in Garden Greenhouses - The Rusted Garden 2013

Part 2 of 6: Organically Managing Diseases & Insects
 in Vegetable Garden Greenhouses

This is the 2nd video in the 6 part greenhouse series I am doing for fall gardens. I live in Maryland Zone 7 and hope to grow mainly greens into December. I've also moved in container peppers and tomatoes. I hope the tomatoes produce and I hope I am able to over-winter the peppers. 




When bringing in container vegetables into your greenhouse, you will also be bringing in diseases, insects and other pests. This video shows you how to use organic methods to address these issues. Because the greenhouse is a contained environment and because no rain will get to the vegetables to wash them, I will be attempting to go 100% organic with any treatments and fertilizers.

The video provides basic information to treat caterpillars with Bt, fungi and mildew with baking soda, soft bodied insects with soapy water spray and finally slugs and snails with iron phosphate baited pellets.

Join My New YouTube Channel Just for NEW Gardeners: My First Vegetable Garden

Join My Google+ Community Our Tomato and Vegetable Gardens (2500+ Members!)
250 HD Short and to Point Garden Videos: My YouTube Video Gardening Channel
Follow and Organize The Rusted Garden on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest