FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Harvesting & Growing Cilantro in 5 Gallon Containers: My 1st Vegetable Garden

Harvesting & Growing Cilantro in 5 Gallon Containers

You can grow a lot of herbs and leaf lettuces in a 5 gallon container. I over-seed my containers when I just want to harvest leaves. Because you are not growing the plants to full size you can put in a lot of seeds, get a a lot of leaves, feed them and get more leaves.

The trick to getting more leaves until either the weather changes be it cold, frost or high heat... is to cut the leaves off and leave the roots in the ground. Most leaf herbs and leaf lettuces will quickly send up more leaves for you to harvest. This will go on until the weather changes.

Cilantro is a great herb to over-seed in a container. I also put in some arugula. I like the contrasting tastes in my salsa dishes. The video shows you how to harvest the leaves and talks about the points I mention in this entry. You can find this video at my new YouTube Channel for new gardeners: My First Vegetable Garden. I hope you check it out and subscribe.






Join My Google+ Community Our Tomato and Vegetable Gardens (2500+ Members!)
250 HD Short and to Point Garden Videos: My YouTube Video Gardening Channel
Follow and Organize The Rusted Garden on Pinterest
Join My New YouTube Channel Just for NEW Gardeners: My First Vegetable Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest