FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall Pea Success in Maryland Zone 7

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest
Follow The Rusted Garden on Twitter
Twitter will be used for Q and A, Reminders and Gardening Tips

I hope you got a round of peas in for the fall. I know it is hard to keep planting sometimes but the rewards pay off. In my area (Zone 7), you get a cool weather fall planting season. It is Oct 2nd and my August planted peas have matured. I have been picking pods. The containers held cucumbers, tomatoes and basil. I removed the cucumbers and tomatoes in August and planted peas.

If you look closely you can see dozen vines climbing on the old cages. The basil is still alive, mixed in with the peas. The trellis on top of the cages was place there when I cut the grass. When I came back to move it, oh weeks later, the peas grow through it. So it stays!

You may have to click the photo to enlarge and see the peas. The 'Sarah's Galapagos' is a bit distracting. But it is still producing currant type tomatoes.

Fall Peas in Maryland Zone 7 - The Rusted Garden Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest