FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Sunday, August 5, 2012

August Already! What's Going on at the Rusted Garden?

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest
Follow The Rusted Garden on Twitter
Twitter will be used for Q and A, Reminders and Gardening Tips

I hope you all had a great gardening Spring and Summer. I feel for those drought hit areas. My garden remained relatively disease free this year! No and yes I said no signs of leaf spot. Woohoo! A few plants had signs of Early Blight but between baking soda in the Spring and wettable sulfur in the heat of Summer... mostly controlled. I did have my standard return of powdery mildew but baking soda spray knocked that out.

The garden did really well. The heat, rain and humidity took a bit of a toll on the plants but mostly a toll on me. The weather seemed to spawn weeds overnight and the growth of everything (I'm not complaining) was a bit daunting. I am currently going through my 2nd massive weed cleaning, plant pulling and general maintenance of the beds. I am planting things for the Fall this weekend.

My tomatoes have been staggered planted so as many die out, some are just hitting their peak. My container tomatoes are doing really well and I will have video of them next week. I even started some early determinate cold weather varieties a few days ago. Yes I am an addict. Garden addict to clarify.

I managed to shoot nearly 70 HD garden videos with a goal of 50 for the year. I really enjoy the videos. I hope to do a series on Fall planting in Maryland. Ah well back to the garden.  I have about 5 hours of maintenance that needs to be done and the humidity is already making me sweat.


Good Gardening!
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest