FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Was on Vacation: My Transplant Beans Are Ready for the Garden!

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest
Follow The Rusted Garden on Twitter
Twitter will be used for Q and A, Reminders and Gardening Tips


I took 7 days to visit the beach. We had 100 degree temperature while I was gone on vacation. The weeds have over-grown my garden but for the most part it looks pretty good. The cabbage loopers got  a week without Bt and did eat holes in my kale.

But... that is how it goes. I did start beans in cups before I left that sprouted nicely while I was away. Starting warm season crops in cups is a great way to create transplants that can go into spaces in your garden or replace a spent crop. Tomorrow I will be removing my carrots and will put in some beans. Of course there is a rabbit in my yard that ate down all (yes all} my young bush beans before I left.

Below are 2 great varieties of beans. I grew them last year. Don't think green beans are the only beans you can grow.

'Christmas Pole' Lima Beans - The Rusted Garden Blog
'Black Turtle' Beans Bush Type - The Rusted Garden Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest