FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Monday, May 28, 2012

Use Cedar Shims for Plant and Tomato Markers

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest
Follow The Rusted Garden on Twitter
Twitter will be used for Q and A, Reminders and Gardening Tips

 I am in the process of fixing up The Rusted Garden. I hope to do a video tour today. One thing I do is use cedar construction shims for plant markers. Cedar is naturally bug and decay resistant. They are used for thing like lifting door jams during construction. You can find them pretty easily just by asking.


Use Cedar Shims for Plant and Tomato Markers - The Rusted Garden

4 comments:

  1. Does that help keep bad bugs away from your plants, or just keep the bugs from destroying your markers? Where are you asking to find them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the cedar kept the bad bugs away. Perhaps you are on to something but I don't think the wood is strong enough to repel bad bugs.

    It is just to keep the markers from rotting away. I bought mine at Home Depot a while back. They are used for construction and they are called shims.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I figured, but I wanted to double check. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest