FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Transplanted Kale, Chinese Cabbage and Broccoli Raab

Visit My Youtube Tomato and Vegetable Garden Video Channel: Videos About Everything Vegetable Gardening


I got my transplants out into the garden finally! They were getting to large to wait out frosty nights. They are cool weather vegetables but I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with frost.  Two night of frost possible this week but I couldn't wait. The root-balls were getting tight.


Kales, Chinese Cabbage, Broccoli Raab, Leeks: Gary Pilarchik

A raised bed is great to use because you can plant vegetables closer than the recommended distance. The main reason is the bed soil stays loose to a good depth. Roots can grow downward and the garden doesn't get compacted by foot traffic.


'Black' Kale, Pak Choi, Broccoli Raab: Gary Pilarchik

Now the slug and snail battle begins!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest