FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Video: Tending Squash and Finding Squash Bug Eggs

Okay, I am no actor. This is my first voiced video. The beginning cracks me up but it isn't so so bad. It serves its purpose of showing a bit on tending squash but most importantly how to find squash bug eggs.

Hi Gary - Great video. I saw your posting on the VeggieGardeners newsgroup and decided to stop by because I ALWAYS get squash bugs (I also get vine borers - not sure if it's the same thing) Thanks for showing me what to look for. Do you just scrape the eggs off the leaves when you find them?



Well I forgot to say in the video to remove the eggs by tearing the leaf around the eggs or just removing the whole leaf. I wouldn't scrape or try and smash them. They are tuff eggs and if they fall to the ground intact, they will hatch. I wouldn't mass spray or dust your entire plant either. Just remove the eggs to a trash can.



Visit My Video How To Website: My Tomato and Vegetable Garden. Construction began July 2011 and it will host How to Garden Videos for all things gardening. The website differs from my blog: The Rusted Vegetable Garden in that it is primarily video content with few articles. The site will grow quickly.


logo with tomatoes - $20 Off Purchases $40 Or More!Spring Hill

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gary - Great video. I saw your posting on the VeggieGardeners newsgroup and decided to stop by because I ALWAYS get squash bugs (I also get vine borers - not sure if it's the same thing) Thanks for showing me what to look for. Do you just scrape the eggs off the leaves when you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I forgot to say to remove the eggs by tearing the leaf around them or remove the whole leaf. Get the eggs into a trashcan.

    Vine borers are different.

    ReplyDelete

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest