FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Tomato Hornworm and Happy Hour


Now it might not be a baby Tomato Hornworm but it sure is acting like one. I usually find them full size. This is my 'Virgina Sweets' tomato plant. It is already dealing with growing infected with a mosaic virus. I kept this tomato (versus pulling it) around just to taste the fruit. This tomato was nearing the 1 pound range before I noticed markings and found this guy on the bottom. It is a striped tomato so the colors are correct.

I did lose a taste of the tomato but I did find this guy on Friday. All wasn't a loss, my wife did fix a summer 'Happy Hour' drink made with watermelon for our standard at home Friday -  Happy Hour.  Well happy 15 minutes, the kids are always needing something... be it the computer I am using or the room we are in.

Baby Tomato Hornworm: Gary Pilarchik

Tomato Hornworm Damage: Gary Pilarchik

A Growing Tomato Hornworm: Gary Pilarchik

Tomato Hornworm on 'Virginia Sweets' Variety: Gary Pilarchik

Happy Hour: Gary Pilarchik




Visit My Video How To Website: My Tomato and Vegetable Garden. Construction began July 2011 and it will host How to Garden Videos for all things gardening. The website differs from my blog: The Rusted Vegetable Garden in that it is primarily video content with few articles. The site will grow quickly.



logo with tomatoes - $20 Off Purchases $40 Or More!Spring Hill

1 comment:

  1. Ok I get the point, I don´t have to buy tomatoes by Virginia´s sweets. There was once when I travelled to Argentina that I found the best vegetables shop ever. I had decided to rent apartments in buenos aires so I had bought in different places, but when I found this one I´m telling you about, I wanted to stay in the country for ever, it had the tastiest tomatoes and apples. Argentina has good crops so it usually has very good fruits and vegetables for consumption!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest