Search The Rusted Garden Blog: Just Enter A Vegetable or Phrase

Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Tomato Hornworm and Happy Hour


Now it might not be a baby Tomato Hornworm but it sure is acting like one. I usually find them full size. This is my 'Virgina Sweets' tomato plant. It is already dealing with growing infected with a mosaic virus. I kept this tomato (versus pulling it) around just to taste the fruit. This tomato was nearing the 1 pound range before I noticed markings and found this guy on the bottom. It is a striped tomato so the colors are correct.

I did lose a taste of the tomato but I did find this guy on Friday. All wasn't a loss, my wife did fix a summer 'Happy Hour' drink made with watermelon for our standard at home Friday -  Happy Hour.  Well happy 15 minutes, the kids are always needing something... be it the computer I am using or the room we are in.

Baby Tomato Hornworm: Gary Pilarchik

Tomato Hornworm Damage: Gary Pilarchik

A Growing Tomato Hornworm: Gary Pilarchik

Tomato Hornworm on 'Virginia Sweets' Variety: Gary Pilarchik

Happy Hour: Gary Pilarchik




Visit My Video How To Website: My Tomato and Vegetable Garden. Construction began July 2011 and it will host How to Garden Videos for all things gardening. The website differs from my blog: The Rusted Vegetable Garden in that it is primarily video content with few articles. The site will grow quickly.



logo with tomatoes - $20 Off Purchases $40 Or More!Spring Hill