FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Riverhill Plant Yard Sale: 2 More Cold Nights!

My plant yard sale will be April 30th and May 1st - 9 am to 1 pm. Every plant is now out in the yard and growing nicely. I'll put up a list and pictures next Wednesday. I have over 40 flats of plants all at $1 or less.

The good news is they are growing quite well.  The bad news is I have hit the point of no return. The plants are all outside and it is a huge task to bring them inside or cover them or a little of both. Tonight may be in the 30's and tomorrow night may be in the 30's. Somewhere in my blogs I wrote I have to deduct 5 or so degrees to account for frost. That is the problem... cold weather and frost. If it hits tonight and tomorrow, hmm...

If they make it through the next 2 days we hit 6 days of 50 plus degree nights and that is the signal to plant tomatoes and peppers and everything. It will also create a huge growth spurt in the plants I have for sale.

Hopefully, it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest