FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sulfur Spray: 2nd Wave of Plants

The sulfur spray didn't burn my plants. 1 1/2 tablespoons of wettable sulfur per gallon. I sprayed my cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and squash. I know for a fact I will get powdery mildew. So, hopefully the preventive spray will help with early blight and mildew protection.

I will be a doing a weekly spray through July. I pruned a majority of my tomato plants to about an 18 inch gap between first leaves and soil.

My cucumbers and squash plants are doing very well. Watering is the biggest issue. They need to be watered well and then some. I found water is the biggest issue for the vine crops and squash.

I will be planting a 2nd wave of cucumbers, squash, and other selected plants in styro-foam cups.  It's a way to save space a time. I can grow them in the cup as the other vegetables mature and get served. My cabbages will be all out soon. I will be able to transplat new plants to the garden immediately this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest