FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Completed My Upside Down Tomatoes

I learned last year, as I already new but am stubborn, that water is always an issue and so is weight with upside down tomato gardens. As much as I was tempted to put in a indeterminate cherry or a heavy plant, I didn't.

I replaced (mixed actually with peat moss and fresh soil)  the dirt in the containers and gave them a healthy sprinkle of 10-10-10 fertilizer.

I completed 2 - 5 gallon buckets using Florida Hanging Basket determinate cherries.

I completed 2 -5 gallon buckets using Big Dwarf determinate tomatoes (4 ounces I think)

I complete 2 - 2 1/2 gallon buckets with Big Dwarves also.


The Big Dwarf variety is suppose to grow about 2 feet and set fruit. I am searching for a variety that works in 5 gallon and smaller buckets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest