FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Swiss Chard: Bright Lights Strain.


I have planted this in my garden for the last 2 years. It is prolific and produces all season. I planted mine about 6 weeks ago. Light frost won't hurt it. It is already knee high. I use the leaves for salads. The stalks for stir fry. And sometimes I just saute up the whole leaf and stem. The leaves have a spinach flavor and the stalks are crisp with a more earthy celery taste. It isn't over powering as a flavor but it is unique.

I purchased mine as transplants. You can typically find them when the cabbages and cool weather crops hit the shelves in market packs. It has great colors for eye appeal too. You can find seeds most anywhere. Even though you missed the early planting, seeds will do fine and it will produce till a hard frost.

Bright Lights Swiss Chard 120 Seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest