FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Grow Bunching Onions (Scallions) in 5 Gallon Bucket

I planted a lot in the garden this weekend. One idea I want to pass on is container gardening. I have a lot of  5 gallon paint buckets I use for growing upside down tomatoes and peppers.

While the season is still too cool for tomatoes, I used the bucket to pack in bunching onion seeds.

The bucket  was filled with soil. I just cleaned it up and mixed in some fertilizer. I scattered the onion seed (the entire packet) into the bucket and stuck it in the corner of my garden.

The bunching onions don't mind be packed tightly. You can pick them as the mature and sort of thin them as they grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest