FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Monday, June 15, 2009

Finished Planting Tomatoes & Tried Hydroponics

I finished tucking away the last of my tomatoes. As always, I have extra each year. I decided to try and create 2 hydroponic buckets. One with just stone and water. The other... a double 5 gallon bucket with 3 inch reservoir. Ill get pictures up at some point.

With container gardening the biggest problem is maintaining the moisture. Tomatoes, on the hottest days, need to be watered 2 or 3 times when in containers. I figured... hydroponics.

Now is the time to start spraying preventatively for blights and mildews. 1 or 2 times weekly depending on the amount of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest